Email and Chat archiving for governments
Duration: 1,5 hours, per participant via Teams. Maximum amount of participants: 25
Government institutions are increasingly experiencing the consequences of email and chat as a communication medium; Huge amounts of information (to be archived) are located in the in-boxes and chat apps of employees or only partly in the case system and the relevant file. Without easy access and management based on clear policies. Yet few governments have an effective retention strategy and/or a central email and chat archiving policy. While the government transparency laws and GDPR access and removal requests are flying around their ears and can often be only partially answered.
The Email Archiving training provides practical explanations of the guidelines on email retention through theory and practice and covers the following topics:
- Why is email and chat archiving so important?
- The PST and WhatsApp nightmare
- “Apping with Policy not about Policy”
- Guidelines for email archiving
- Selectielijst e-mailbewaring
- Capstone Methodology
- Register of key functions
- Benefits of email- and chat archiving
- How to solve the email and chat archiving issue?
- Retention periods and long-term secure and accessible storage with digital signature and MFA
- Preferred formats
- Findings from email pilots
- Market exploration of archiving parties
- Data Protection Impact Assessment
- Practical approach to archiving and eDiscovery
- Project plan and communication regarding archiving
- Records managers
- Employees and managers DIV
- Information specialists
This training is provided throughout the year by an experienced consultant from ID Control, https://idcontrol.com, who will guide you through this fascinating world of cybersecurity, information security and privacy!
All training provided by ID Control can be provided in your own organization or on location upon request. For more information, please contact us by telephone on +31 888 SECURE (732873)!